On Saturday, it was the first Tar Heel Town of the season! I think Bruce and I were looking forward to it more than Sam, which is the only possible explanation for how disappointed we were at the new Tar Heel Town set-up. Bruce is known to be averse to change, and he was plenty dismayed that the campus tailgate went from a low-key affair with bouncy houses and bbq to something a little more overblown with a live band and food trucks. Honestly, I think I could handle it if the speakers weren't set to an eardrum-blowing decibel. Sam wasn't the only child walking around with his fingers in his ears this time. We thought about complaining, but since we (1) never actually attend the football games, and (2) aren't donors (at any level), we figure we aren't exactly their target audience.
But Sam was still happy because they had bouncy houses!
Waiting in line. (During a nice break from the band.)
Gotta love his expression.
Then on Sunday, we rented a paddle board for the day and headed out to Jordan Lake. Sam was unconvinced at first, so Bruce and I each headed out on our own to give it a try.
Then Sam decided he did want in on the fun after all.
And then it was picnic time!
No comments:
Post a Comment