Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Shades of Green

Unlike the shades of green currently being endured at our friend Sarah's house, I'm talking about the kind of green you see on St. Patrick's Day. We celebrated with matching green shirts (Bruce and Sam), various colored foods (tasted better than they looked), a 5K that was only upsetting to one of us (Sam), and an adult beverage that was not green but was certainly Irish. Let's begin our tour of the day.

For breakfast? Green pancakes. Not my best idea. I'll not show you my attempt at making one in the shape of a four-leaf clover.
P1010316

P1010318

P1010317
Sam doesn't totally have his colors down yet, so he couldn't argue with me that these weren't exactly green.

Then Sam and I were off to a 5K at UNC with my friend Logan. Sam had a really great time, because everyone thought he was THECUTESTHINGEVER.

Shamrock Sam
I know.

2012-03-17_09-20-31_820
Sam and Logan

2012-03-17_10-34-54_968
Thanks a lot, Ramses! Is this not pitiful? Sam is clearly a Duke fan.

P1010320
Post long-run smoothie? A homemade Shamrock shake for Bruce, with a little one for Sam. Bruce thought it was just OK. Sam thought it was awesome and called it "ice cream." My version was a healthy take on McDonald's: vanilla greek yogurt, blended with honey, ice, mint extract, and, of course, green food coloring. I guess I should have added more food coloring, because these were the same sickly shade as my pancakes.

2012-03-17_16-07-15_823
My leprechauns having a treat at the Marry Durham festival downtown.

P1010321
And Bruce's St. Patrick's Day dessert: a Guinness float. I learned my lesson and didn't try to color it green.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! At least Sam was hanging with the basketball Ram rather than the pantless football Ram. I'm sure he would have been all smiles with the Deacon.

    Glad you had the good kind of green at your house!

    ReplyDelete