Thursday, October 20, 2011

The bike.

I haven't gotten many good photos of Sam lately, largely because he has figured out that when I pull out the phone or camera he can see pictures of himself on it. Here's how it goes down: Sam does something cute. Typical. I pull out the camera. Sam stops doing something cute and runs straight for me to see his picture on the camera. I snap off a quick shot that ends up being a super close-up of his shoulder. Sam cries because he doesn't like the picture of his shoulder. I try taking another one by telling him to stand still while I back up quickly and stealthily, like a reverse ninja. Sam is still crying, either still upset about the botched shoulder shot or because I'm walking away. I take a photo of Sam crying. Everyone forgets what he was doing that was so darn cute anyway. Ah, memories.

Case in point.
2011-10-17_17-46-07_317

Looking back through the photo archives, I see I never posted follow-up shots of Sam riding his new tricycle. He rides proudly, if not expertly.

2011-09-13_17-58-31_222

2011-09-13_17-59-35_875 
Edited to add: You know, we don't make him wear the helmet, right? I mean, I'm safety conscious to be sure, but I don't see us investing in a helmet yet. The helmet is a hand-me-down from a wonderful neighbor, and Sam loves it.

2 comments:

  1. Jed went through the same photo phase, and even the too-big, hand-me-down helmet phase. He has now moved on to the fake-grin-when-confronted-with-camera-phase and the must-ride-tricycle-everywhere-but-uphill-phase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to those phases! Sam rides his trike about 25 yards before demanding to walk or be carried.

    ReplyDelete