Friday, March 21, 2014

Snow Days

The winter of 2014 has been a good one. These things most be recorded for posterity. In a couple of years, on an unseasonably warm January day, I will complain about how it NEVER snows in North Carolina anymore, and Sam will complain about how he has NEVER gotten to go sledding, and then someone can say WAIT. It did snow. Twice. And there was much sledding. Don't forget the winter of 2014, we will remind ourselves! We got to sled twice that year, remember? On the foam penguin sled that got all cut up because the snow was very icy? That was a great winter, we'll say.

A little long perhaps, we'll recall, as I'm writing this on March 21, and I see next week's forecast calls for a potential spring snowstorm in N.C. Maybe that penguin sled will hold up during another round.

Posing on one of the many hills in the neighborhood.



Mush! Mush!


No hands!


Sam marches back up the best hill in the neighborhood for sledding. This is a hill that he usually whines about having to climb, but put him in sub-freezing weather, too-tight rainboots, on an ice-coated surface, and he'll climb it repeatedly. For hours.


Apres sled.


I even made snow cream. It was actually pretty darn tasty.


 Snow Storm No. 2

Colter is not amused.


The boys check out the snow before breakfast.

Pretty house in the snow.

Heading back to our sledding spot.


One more round.


Just sittin' on a giant snow ball.


Super Snowman!

No comments:

Post a Comment