We had one of those weekends that wasn't anything special, and yet it was incredibly special in its routine. It didn't hurt that the backdrop was beautiful, crisp fall weather. We went out for a hike on Sunday, and Sam surprised us -- as he does every day. Things that, heretofore, we had not been able to convince him to do, he wanted to do. He wanted to walk barefoot in the freezing stream. He wanted to climb a tree. He wanted to hold Colter's leash the whole way. He wanted to cross the creek on a rather thin log. And he did it, with Bruce's help! Bruce and I were marveling at the fact that they made it across, and then we marveled at the fact that I didn't take a picture of it. I guess it's hard to do much else when you are holding your breath and covering your eyes.
Monday, October 28, 2013
Frame-worthy
We had one of those weekends that wasn't anything special, and yet it was incredibly special in its routine. It didn't hurt that the backdrop was beautiful, crisp fall weather. We went out for a hike on Sunday, and Sam surprised us -- as he does every day. Things that, heretofore, we had not been able to convince him to do, he wanted to do. He wanted to walk barefoot in the freezing stream. He wanted to climb a tree. He wanted to hold Colter's leash the whole way. He wanted to cross the creek on a rather thin log. And he did it, with Bruce's help! Bruce and I were marveling at the fact that they made it across, and then we marveled at the fact that I didn't take a picture of it. I guess it's hard to do much else when you are holding your breath and covering your eyes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment