Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day 2013

Last year I interviewed Sam for an "About My Dad" profile, to celebrate Father's Day. Well, we're back for this year's installment! And the hijinks continue. You have to crank the volume to hear Sam, and then my voice is gratingly loud, but it's worth it (well, you be the judge of that). If you can hang in there till the end, Sam really does end it on a sweet note.


Sam makes a reference to "Mr. Joe," which is really a reference to Dr. Joe, a pediatrician. Sam and his dad have a bit of a running joke in which poor Dr. Joe has, unwittingly, become a central character. Every time Sam hurts himself, Bruce pretends to call Dr. Joe to come immediately and cut off whatever it is that is ailing Sam. I personally find the humor a little untoward. But apparently Sam loves it. And that's what Dads are for, right? For all that Dad stuff -- your bad jokes and roughhousing and burps, etc. -- Bruce, I salute you.

And to quote Sam from the video, "Daddy, I love you! Happy Father's Day!"

No comments:

Post a Comment