Friday, January 28, 2011

The View from Our Windows

Sam and I spend our weekdays apart. We make no secret of that. Some days one or more of us is tearful upon parting (although we both generally recover pretty quickly), and some days one of us (I'm not naming any names) is so excited to see his BestFriendPete (BFP) and eat his morning snack, that a brisk "bye-bye" at the door is all it takes to launch both of us on our daily journey, apart. Sam loves his classroom at daycare, largely because it has huge windows that come down low enough so he can see out. And I understand from his teachers that he spends a lot of time looking out the windows (and another good bit of time standing by the door and demanding to go out).

2011-01-27_16-34-54_680
This is what Sam sees when he looks out his window most days.

And, as a contrast, here's a view from my window at work, from which I also spend a good bit of time gazing. I can also be seen standing by my door and demanding to go out. But that is often frowned upon.
my window

No comments:

Post a Comment