Thursday, May 10, 2012

Sandy & Dandy

Sam loves sandboxes. Every day when you ask Sam what he did at school, he answers, "Played in the sandbox." Of course, when you ask him what he had for lunch, he answers, "Pineapple," so we should all take his answers with a grain of salt sand. My mother, aka Mama Jane, couldn't wait for warm weather so she could give Sam a sandbox. We opted for the sandbox's more portable cousin, the sand and water table. We figured it will be easier to move should we find a house to buy (our lease is up the end of July), and Sam might enjoy something a little different from what they have at his daycare. Well. He loves it. After having to discourage him at first from trying to actually climb on it, he really got the hang of it. He also loved the water component (I am somewhat less enthusiastic). His only problem, he doesn't like getting his clothes wet. But you can see he quickly remedied that problem here.

Untitled
Figuring it out.

Untitled
Showing Mama Jane how it works. I would like to point out the big boy underpants, but that's a whole other blog post, or book. I may have to write a book about potty training, because we were that successful.

Untitled
Ahem. OK, so Sam got a little carried away. He's fully clothed now. As far as I know. You may want to call before you drop in.

2 comments:

  1. We love sand and water, too! And Jed was just looking at this post with me and shouted, "That little boy took his clothes off!!" Then he darted away, so I assume he's somewhere getting nekked, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say let 'em do it while it's still legal! BTW, I was boasting about my potty training methods, Sarah, but I really took them from the book you let me borrow. Thanks, and we'll get it back to you in time for you to refresh yourself on the method for Macon.

    ReplyDelete