On Sunday we promised Sam that we would take him to a lego exhibit at the Morehead Planetarium after nap and after the ACC Championship game was over (boo!). Sam popped up after a truncated nap and asked to go to the museum, or as he calls it, the 'seum. When I gently explained we weren't going to our usual museum, he countered sadly with "no alligator, no snake, no owl?" I got him on board with the legos, however, and we were off. Unfortunately, I didn't do my research, and after really building it up to Sam (to counter his disappointment at not seeing an alligator), we got to the door only for them to tell us they were closed. Note to self: stop building things up for Sam. No alligators and no legos!? To salvage the afternoon, we headed over to Kidzu, the children's museum in Chapel Hill, which just so happens to have free admission on Sundays. I think Sam was sort of confused about how things unfolded, but Kidzu plied him with cake, so he didn't complain much.
Glad it had a happy ending. Jed is still troubled by our first attempt at visiting Marbles on a Monday, which happens to be their day of rest.
ReplyDelete