
At the Durham train station.

Sam was slightly intimidated by the whole experience at first.

He's looking for cows. I kept telling him not to expect them but he somehow associated this train trip with going to the farm.

The swanky new Cary train station.

Bye-bye, train!

While we were in Cary, we found this charming pharmacy with a lunch counter. Sam thought it was so cool he forgot he's a picky eater and ate a half of a grilled cheese sandwich.

What do you do when the intimidating man behind the counter gives your son a huge serving of ice cream with sprinkles? You say "thank you."

Pretty darn excited.

Heading back to the Bull City.

A view of the state seal etched in the glass behind Sam. I thought these trains were pretty swanky.
I hope Amtrak or the tourism dept sees this! You'll be stars!
ReplyDelete